- Product Type
- Help Center
- Happy Customers
Dreamcatcher is a Native American symbol. For many Native Americans, they represent traditions and legends that have been passed down for generations.
1. Dreamcatcher History
Dreamcatcher comes from the real tradition of an American Indian tribe named Ojibwa. Every person in this tribe has a Dreamcatcher, a tool for them to "hunt" beautiful dreams, while chasing bad dreams.
The Ojibwa Indians think that in the night, there are always beautiful dreams and bad dreams (also known as nightmares). Because of that, they hung the Dreamcatcher on the headboard in order to protect the kids from having nightmares while they slept.
Although there are many variations, a dreamcatcher is essentially a small wooden circle tied with tendons or fibers to resemble a web with a small hole in the middle. Strings or tendons are tied at several points on the circle, with the score on the dreamcatcher having different meanings:
* 13 points - 13 phases of the moon
* 8 points - the number of legs on the spider woman of the dreamcatcher legend
* 7 points - the seven prophecies of the grandfathers
* 6 points - eagle or courage
* 5 points – star
2. The meanings of Dreamcatcher
-Dreamcatcher has a circle that represents life without starting and ending point. The Indian dreamcatcher comes in many different colors, but they all share the same symbolic meaning.
- The most common meaning of dreamcatcher is keeping peace in mind. Both adults and children may hang it at the head of the bed with a view to chasing nightmares and saving wonderful dreams. People may experience great bedtime and remain in a positive spirit with the dreamcatcher.
-Furthermore, as for authentic native American dreamcatchers, Dreamcatchers have a great symbolic meaning. Many Native Americans still consider the dreamcatcher to be along-standing cultural symbol of unity and identification among the many Indian Nations and First Nations cultures.
- Finally, the dreamcatcher is regardless of a symbol of Native Americans' beliefs and ideologies. There is no doubt that dreamcatchers help people place trust in the life and encourage their spirit when facing any troubles.
3. How to make a dreamcatcher?
Nowadays, dreamcatchers are becoming more and more common with various uses as gift or home decor, etc. Additionally, it is also considered as a pattern to be printed on our fashion products as hoodie, combo or dress. Please visit our Dreamcatchers collection to find something you love. We believe our products will bring you peace and happiness.